Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cooking Frenzy

Chicken Enchiladas with Red Chili Sauce

I have spent the past week (finally 100% and no longer sick) cooking and baking up a storm.  My favorite recipes have come out of America's Test Kitchen.  I found a recipe for Chicken Enchiladas from Cook's Illustrated Fall Entertaining 2007,  a special issue publication I bought back in college.  They were very good... so good, in fact, that 10 enchiladas were barely enough for 3 people!  I cut the spices called for in the recipe by half...  Let me know if you want "my version" of the recipe.


The corn tortillas, stuffed with the poached chicken thighs, cheese, jalapenos & seasonings atop some chili sauce.


The enchiladas, evenly covered with the red chili sauce



Just before going in the oven - my enchiladas in all their glory - waiting to be heated and served.


Other recipes I fell for this week (even though I forgot to take pictures of them) and the books they came from (which are also excellent):


Finally.... a scrapbook page.. this is a simple one of me & Mark before heading over to Sami's


I think that CREATE truly is the perfect word for me in 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog. I am sorry for the losses in your life too. Keep on blogging - the enchiladas look great.

    ReplyDelete